Friday, October 19, 2012

New Boxer in Town


Recently my son Marcus D'Auria moved in with me and decided that he liked the atmosphere of the gym that I worked at taking photographs, but he wanted to take it one step further, he didnt want to take photos from outside the ropes, he wanted to box inside the ropes. I was a little heistant at first but then I thought, this might be exactly what he needs, a goal and a direction to focus on , so I agreed to it. Well in less then two months he is sparring and looking really sharp, he still has a few more things to improve on, but Zach "Jungle Boy" Walters his trainer/coach is impressed with his progress and is talking about possibly matching him up for his first fight at Grandma's Sports Garden on November 14th. I have taken photos of all lot of first time fighters, but this time the photos will mean a little bit more then the rest that I have taken to date.
Marcus D'Auria and his trainer/coach Zach "Jungle Boy" Walters working on his punches on the mitt.



No comments:

Post a Comment